Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Tecknika stuck on standby Assistant: What's the model number

Customer Question

Tecknika stuck on standby
Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: year old can't find model number 32 inch
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Red light stuck on not responding to remote or standby button
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: It happened after it was unplugged at wall on replug didn't work anymore red light comes on not blue
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I am reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Can you please get me full model number off of the back of the TV? Also are we talking just under a year or just over a year from the date of purchase?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just over year
32F22BIHD
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. In most cases when these sets are stuck on Standby it means the Mainboard has failed (which is not uncommon with off-brands like Tecknika).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing.... the power with is just on or off switch can't hold down
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hang on please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The lowermost button on the right hand side of the TV is the "standby/power" button. Are you saying you're unable to hold it down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hang on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still stuck on red
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this indicates a failed Mainboard in the set, and requires replacement of this part to fix the issue. There aren't any other possible quick fixes that can be tried apart from leaving the set unplugged for several hours or more in the hopes it resets. Beyond this the Mainboard does need to be replaced, which is on average half the replacement cost of the TV I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and sorry for the bad news. If you're a DIY type you can try searching used/pulled parts sites (like eBay- among others), by using the model number of the set, and the word Mainboard to try and find used/pulled replacement options.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?