Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

I have a Samsung Series 7 tv UE3237000WWXXU model CN01. I

I have a Samsung Series 7 tv UE3237000WWXXU model CN01. I have bought a set of wireless headphone whose base station requires an out put from the set. Infuriatingly it appears that there is no headphone output socket. Can I overcome this problem. Christopher

Hi Christopher. I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help with your Samsung. But, the model number you posted isn't a valid one. Please have another look. The "UE32" part looks OK, but not the remainder.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The first number is ***** to be the 'Model Code'. On further inspection the second '3' should be corrected to '8'. The second number is ***** as the 'Version'. The 'Type Number is ***** The 'Model' is UE328B7000WWW. The serial number is *****
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want to call.

Haha, me neither. The site sends those requests, not me. Sorry about that.

Give me a few minutes to look into the model number you posted, and I'll see what I can come up with for your headphones.

Do you have the make and model of the headphones?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Artiste ADH300

Perfect. OK give me a few minutes.

OK Christopher, thanks for your patience. I think I have a solution for you.

The base station for your headphones has RCA inputs (an analog connection) and your TV only has Optical and HDMI outputs for audio (both digital). You can't just use a cable to convert a digital signal to an analog signal. You must use a DAC (digital-to-analog converter). There are many of these on the market, like >>this one<<. The analog output of the TV connects to that converter, and then the converter's output (analog) goes to the base station. That's the only way this will work.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dan, Thank you for your advice. I had come up with that as a solution whilst I was waiting for a response but that does not detract from the advice you have given me. Regards, Christopher

You're welcome, Christopher. Best of luck!