Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

If I try to play a mpeg video from a hard drive connected to

Customer Question

If I try to play a mpeg video from a hard drive connected to the USB port on my TV it starts normally and then goes to fast forward and cannot be returned to normal play. I have tried using different mpeg files and different Samsung TVs. Is this a known problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Yes this is a known problem on some newer TVs, especially if they have motionflow or other enhancement technologies that make it seem like you're getting a faster response time than the normal 60fps they are capable of.

This can make the video playback appear wonky or faster than normal, and it may affect playback of 24fps MPEG videos.

To resolve this problem, try disabling all picture enhancements that may be currently turned on - you can do this by selecting game mode or similar, depending on which model you have. You should then notice that the issue goes away.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------