Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

No power at all Assistant: What's the model number of your

Hi No power at all
Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: To shiva 24D1533DB bought just over two years ago
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV is not here - it is in my holiday home and the current tenant reports that it worked last night, was put in standby overnight - she remembers seeing it flash green and red this morning but nothing this afternoon, not the fuse nor the socket and has tried the inn/ off switch at the side to no avail
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Does this sound to you as though an engineer visit is required?
Assistant: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not to my knowledge

I am reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I have relayed that advice to the location of the TV set and am awaiting a response

Okay, standing by.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have relayed your suggestions to the person using the TV and am awaiting her response

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing happening unfortunately
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does that require an engineer's visit then?

It would require the power supply board be replaced which is on average $200 repair (not including a repair person's trip charge). Given the cost of repairs, and the fact that the same TV would cost less than that brand new- it does not make sense to repair it. Replacement is more cost effective I'm afraid. The only other thing they can try is to leave the TV unplugged for an hour or more in the hopes it resets- beyond that it has a hardware failure.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, many thanks for the advice. Beyond economic repair is the usual term here I think and, thanks very much for all of your help and advice. I will rate you happily

Thank you, ***** ***** of luck!