Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung UE55H6400 and beneath it a Sony stereo

I have a Samsung UE55H6400 and beneath it a Sony stereo system with tuner, cd, mini disk and tape cassette player, I want to connect the speakers to the tv as they sit either side of the tv and are an ideal size for my Flat.
I have tried plugging in to the audio inputs and outputs but no sound from tv, do I need to change anything in settings, a little frustrating, I have even ordered a plug in Tao Tronics Bluetooth amplifier to get my other devices to work.
Regards David

I am reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, the Samsung has no analogue audio outs (which is likely why you're not getting any sound). Those red and white jacks on the TV are for INPUT ONLY- and do not send audio out to external devices. This TV uses an optical jack (the connection is called "digital audio out") and requires a converter to connect to your Sony system. I'm pulling up the link to that device now.

The device needed is below, and you will also need to purchase an optical cable from Amazon as well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Digital-Optical-Analogue-Converter-Black/dp/B0074JZ8ZW

The converter will connect to the TV using an optical cable, and then the Sony can be connected to the converter using red and white RCA type cables.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Aric
I have got the adapter a different one but with the same purpose, i have tried it but as the instructins are very limited.
You know the tv model and the adapter is a Proxima Dac from amazon, the hifi is a Sony CMT-M100MD with audio in and out which cables go to where to fulfil the sound for all components to come from the speakers?
Regards David
Please post a link to the adapter you purchased so I can take a look.