Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

The volume goes up to max by itself. The tv was bought on

Hi, the volume goes up to max by itself. The tv was bought on 27th December.Its a 55N7
Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2 months old. Bought it after Christmas in December. Hisense 55N7
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes everything works. We have only used the tv channels and Netflix. No other inputs
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 days ago. Nothing happens. It just suddenly started doing it. We always use the remote
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: No

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Does this happen on both the netflix and tv channels?

If you take the batteries out of the hisense remote, does it continue to happen?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Nathan sorry for the delay. Yes, it happens on both Netflix and normal channels. We took out the batteries and put them back in again and it still happened. Did you mean take the batteries out & leave them out? I'll try that now.
I meant to leave them out and see if it still happens please
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok done but I might have to wait a while. I thought maybe pausing might be the problem, but it happens when it hasn't been paused also.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well, so far so good. But that means that I can't operate the tv without putting the batteries back in. If it doesn't reoccur, at least the problem is isolated.

Correct, this may be just a bad remote, which is what I was trying to diagnose.

I expect it is a hardware issue, whether in the tv or the remote, hardware defects are very common with this brand. A remote issue is much simpler to fix though

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok it just happened again with the batteries out of the remote. Would using other devices eg ipad or phone next to the remote cause this?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just flicked the screen up to get more emails on my phone & it happened. It was side by side with the remote

No it shouldn't be affected by any other device, your phone/ipad don't control infrared devices,

so that means that you've got a bad mainboard in the tv.

Even on a 2 month old set that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or so at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; the only good news there is that it should be covered under their warranty. Their warranty process and support is difficult to deal with, but it should be covered at their expense. If they won't cover it for some reason, it is simply not worth fixing. You'd be better off buying a new tv from a more reputable brand than putting more money into this one.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wow! $899 and only 2 months old!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your help Nathan.

You're very welcome, and my apologies for the news,

assuming it is needed, you can file a warranty claim at 1800 447 367

Best of luck to you,

Nathan