Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

JustAnswer Ask a question You rated 5 stars I have a Samsung

JustAnswerAsk a questionYou rated 5 stars I have a Samsung UE55H6400 and beneath it...I have a Samsung UE55H6400 and beneath it a Sony stereo system with tuner, cd, mini disk and tape cassette player, I want to connect the speakers to the tv as they sit either side of the tv and are an ideal size for my Flat. I have tried plugging in to the audio inputs and outputs but no sound from ... view full20/02/2018 05:17Aric TV TechnicianI am reviewing your details and will reply shortly.20/02/2018 05:19Aric TV TechnicianFirst, the Samsung has no analogue audio outs (which is likely why you're not getting any sound). Those red and white jacks on the TV are for INPUT ONLY- and do not send audio out to external devices. This TV uses an optical jack (the connection is called "digital audio out") and requires a converter to connect to your Sony system. I'm pulling up the link to that device now.20/02/2018 05:22Aric TV TechnicianThe device needed is below, and you will also need to purchase an optical cable from Amazon as well:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Digital-Optical-Analogue-Converter-Black/dp/B0074JZ8ZWThe converter will connect to the TV using an optical cable, and then the Sony can be connected to the converter using red and white RCA type cables.Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?20/02/2018 05:23Aric TV TechnicianDo you need further assistance with this?My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic, request me again.20/02/2018 05:34Hi Aric
I have got the adapter a different one but with the same purpose, i have tried it but as the instructins are very limited.
You know the tv model and the adapter is a Proxima Dac from amazon, the hifi is a Sony CMT-M100MD with audio in and out which cables go to where to fulfil the sound for all components to come from the speakers?
Regards David21/02/2018 11:22Send+ Add filesRather talk than type?Switch to a live phone call with the tv technician.Call me Your conversation is covered by our Disclaimer.OrderID: 18527792-617As seen on...The New York TimesYahooCambridge News CNNNBC Guernsey PressStay connected  USING JUSTANSWERHow it worksMeet the expertsThe JustAnswer® PromiseCUSTOMER CAREHelp FAQsTerms of ServicePrivacy & SecurityGET TO KNOW USAbout JustAnswerPress roomCareersBecome an ExpertREAD OUR BLOGGet helpful articles and daily answers from the Wisdom Wire.Read now© 2012-2018 JustAnswer LLC. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy
Please post a link to the adapter so I can take a look.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Proxima Direct DAC Digital SPDIF Toslink to Analog Analougue Stereo Audio L/R R/L AV Converter Adapter With Toslink Optical Cable - Digital Optical C
I took a photo but it doesent appear in the add files.
This is the discription sold By Justcheu Proxima Direct
Amazon as the type you sent link of, same section at the beginning.
David
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a Panasonic VHS NV-HS820 a Panasonic Dvd recorder HDD DMR-EX77, An Amazon Box New, A Now Box New, Wii and the two units Tv And Stereo.
I want to link them all do i need any other connections?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Picture of rear of units!

There is far more going on there than the original question posted. The additional equipment should be left connected as it was. As far as the converter- OPTICAL CABLE to back of TV. There is only one port labeled digital audio out. Shut off the TV's speakers in the menu. Sony- connect RCA cables to AUX in and select aux in.

The other equipment and multitude of cabling is far beyond the original scope of the converter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the other aspects where sdd ons the original is top priority.
So you are saying connect the optical to unit and rear of tv, also the av leads to unit and the in on stereo , then switch tv speakets to off howvis that done through menu or settings?

Yes that's correct. Connect everything first, and see if there's sound. If there's not then go into the Samsung MENU and under sound find the options in there to shut off internal speakers or select external sound system.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah that works, i think it was because there was no mention of switching tv speakers off.
But thanks

Excellent and you're welcome! Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?