Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

TX-L37D25 TV turns itself on and off repeatedly. No picture.

Hello, I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

What have you tried so far?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have removed batteries from remote, but problem continues

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.

-disconnect ALL ant/cable/hdmi/audio/video cables from the tv (make notes if needed)
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in ONLY the tv power cord and try to turn on. Try the button on the tv itself, not remote.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already tried this, but problem persists

Oh, you did not mention that. What else have you done? Please everything?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, I had forgotten that! I have not tried anything else.

I understand.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It used to happen 2/3 times an evening, but now it is continuous

Unfortunately there is no other easy fix/reset. Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced that will very likely cost more than a new 40" tv which comes with a full warranty. Unless you have extensive electronics experience and want to try DIY, which I may be able to assist. Much more difficult since I am in USA and looking up your manuals and parts is very tough.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.