info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Panasonic tv. Red standby light comes on but pressing

Panasonic tv. Red standby light comes on but pressing operating button the red light just continues fluttering and does not change to green and switch on.

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Panasonic model number TX-L32E3B

- Does the red standby light blink or stays solid?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It blinks continuously when operating button pressed. When pressure released goes back solidly to red.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
a number of times with the same result

This is very odd, power light should blink a specific number of times to present an error code, let me repost this question for other techs to look into, I'm opting out now

My name is ***** ***** light should be blinking RED and pausing like 4 red blinks pause 4 red blinks please have another look

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. It is just continuous red blinking when operating button depressed. No pauses whatsoever.

OK if that is the case then its a control problem concerning the main-board because if there was control the set will be reporting a fault with the power-light and it will be blinking red and pausing (in other words reporting a faulty board) rather than a continuous blink, so what this means to you is this board will need to be replaced, is this something you would consider doing yourself?I am not sure of the cost of a main-board for this set however likely cost will be around $100

I just however had a thought you sure its not blinking 1 pause 1 pause etc?rather than a continuous faster blink??because 1 blink is a code

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is no pausing whatsoever. I would not contemplate any repair work myself. Can you give me any idea how much a repair job would cost to see whether it is even worth considering. The picture when last viewed could not be better.

I understand but just to cover that angle that is a back-lighting issue for 1 blink and that is bad news as its not an option to fit back-lights

If the main-board is bad it could cost £100 in my opinion and because the set is only a 32 inch you would be better off replacing the set as these smaller sets have dropped considerably in price you can get a similar one for under £200 and likely £180.

Let me know your thoughts here

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Need any more help here?are you going for the repair option?as I say costs will likely be around £100 if you get the set into a repairer

info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. It looks like a new tv and I have a Samsung in mind. Shame the Panasonic had such a good picture. I shall deal with the star rating straightaway.

I find most people because of the low cost of smaller sets just replace their faulty one with new....

Sign of the times thanks for the rating have a good day

Anthony