Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Can my Toshiba 26/32EL833B TV be connected to the ZVOX

Hi. Can my Toshiba 26/32EL833B TV be connected to the ZVOX AccuVoice AV200 TV Speaker with Hearing Aid Technology? I can’t see an Optical Audio Outlet on TV.
Not technology savvy!
Thanks. Mal

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Could you tell me exactly which model tv you have, you listed 2 different ones here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Nathan. TV model number is ***** EL833B.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Prefer to type rather than talk on phone

Thanks,

do you see a port on the back of the tv that is a round (rca type) port and color coded Orange or Black, and says Digital Audio Out above it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
see orange port with a circle containing arrow to the right pointing to words Digital Audio.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry. Don’t know what ‘ rca type’ means!

That is it, thanks for checking,

your tv is not directly compatible with the soundbar, because many of these smaller and lower quality models use the cheaper coax connection, which your soundbar doesn't support.

You'll need to purchase a small converter, to go from that orange (coax) port to the optical connection that the soundbar needs: https://amzn.to/2uGKYIg

Just plug that into the orange on the tv, optical on the soundbar, and everything should work.

Best regards,

Nathan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many thanks. Haven’t bought ZVOX yet so can’t try it, but pleased to know it’s easily possible. Thanks again.

It is possible, yes,

but with added cost so you'd probably be better off just buying a different model soundbar that has the coax port built in to begin with.