Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Power is on and standby red light is on Assistant: What's

Power is on and standby red light is on
Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: but it won’t turn on to
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: it keeps clicking every 20secinds or so it’s a pan tx p50vt20ba
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was fine this morn and we left it in stby and now it a prob
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: It’s 7 years old

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Does the power light blink at the front ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No blinking except when I press a button on remote
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It won’t go to green

OK then that is a good sign , i mean the main board still responds but without a blink code that is usually given when there is a failure internally , i can only take an educated guess and tell you that this definitely sounds like a power supply circuit problem

Somethings shorted on it but then again there would be a need for some test to be performed to confirm that

You could also have a sustain board problem

In case of any of the circuit i mentioned above you are looking at a minimum of Some $170 to have this repaired at home

170 pounds i meant

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok cheers

170 to 200 pounds and considering the age of the tv at 7 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than 300 pounds ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok that’s cool thanks