Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized Samsung Partner, 8 years CE support experience
63083622

Ihave a Polaroid 3-50-led-14 which has sound but no picture,

Customer Question

Ihave a Polaroid 3-50-led-14 which has sound but no picture, backlights are ok. The fault is not in the main pcb, is it likely to be the T con panel (I am having difficulty obtaining one,) or is it more likely to be the screen,as it only happened after it was moved?
Assistant: What device has a bad screen?
Customer: A Polaroid tv model3-50-led-14
Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your MODEL3-50-LED-14?
Customer: yes it is connected by a scart lead to a Sky box
Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: no it went faulty when the tv was moved, so it was disconnected from the mains supply for a short time
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Wes replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid-support site. My name is ***** ***** I'll be advising you today. How do you know it's not the Main board... also, how do you know the LEDs are okay (do they light up)?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have replaced the main board and the backlights are lighting up
Expert:  Wes replied 16 days ago.

Okay, unless you're getting vertical lines... it's not likely the TCon... which unfortunately means it's probably the panel. Or, it could be a loose or bad connector somewhere. I know this is probably not the outcome you were hoping for, but I hope you've found the information I've provided useful and will consider giving me a 5-star rating anyway. The rating reflects on me personally and not the website. Also remember to select me as a "favorite expert". If you are not sure how to rate my answer, please see the help information here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl