Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Lg 47" ln575v turs on .logo lights up then everything goes

Customer Question

lg 47" ln575v turs on .logo lights up then everything goes black. can see the picture with a torch.
Assistant: How long have you had your LN575V?
Customer: I got it 6 months ago second hand.
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your LG product?
Customer: i have tried nothing as yet.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I am reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I apologize for the delay as I am just now seeing your question. If you still need help, can you please reply back with the following:

1) Are you a DIY type and able to use/have a multi-meter?

2) Or are you looking to see what the most common cause of this is, and a link to the most common part that fails?

3) Alternatively are you simply looking to see what causes this and how much it costs to repair?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what is the cause and how much cost to repair.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. The cause is a toss up between either the power supply/LED board, or the LED light strips in the screen itself. Since yours does initially light before going black with shadows, it is more like the power supply LED board is the root cause. The average cost for this repair is in the $200-$250 range, and almost more cost effective to replace the set versus repairing it. However the other potential cause (the LED light strips in the screen) will cost more than the TV did when new to repair as it entails removal of the screen, and then disassembly to replace the LED lighting. I would carefully consider whether or not it's money well spent to pursue repairing this set I'm afraid.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further assistance with your question.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.