info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My Standby light keeps flashing at 3am

My Standby light keeps flashing green at 3am

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble is it blinking at the same time every morning?si if it is 3am its that on the dot?

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not always, about half an hour each way and on occasions it has happened at 3pm.

It would appear to me that the set is looking for system software upgrades over air what you need to do is go into the settings menu of the TV and look for any reference in the sub menus for software and over air software downloads and switch this OFF,if you do not find this let me know and I will look myself

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I’ve already paid £24, it’s a bit of a cheek to ask for another £15.

The options for phone calls are sent by the site they are optional please ignore if not wanted

Have you read my replies above please?have you found the setting I was referring to?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just turning it on

OK take your time

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would it be because it is connected to my wifi

Maybe but we have to follow a procedure,so did you find any reference to the software ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No

OK I will need 5 mins or so to go through the data for the set hold on please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I found software upgrade with the reference V.2.35.8.0

https://toshiba-tv.com/files/24d3753db_CAE2A5660970.pdf

Click the above that is the user manual to the set,go to page 21 there is an article on 3am software upgrade mode,switch this OFF please

If you need any more help with it let me know,once you switch 3am upgrade mode off the light will cease blinking

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
On the menu it says that if I disable the upgrade I will not get updates and critical bug fixes should I continue

How old is the set now please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
About 4 months

You can do the software manually if you read above that article it tells you how onpage 21, so every now and again just activate it manually

"Software upgrade search via user interface On the main menu select System>Settings and then More. Navigate to Software upgrade and press the OK button. In Upgrade options menu select Scan for upgrade and press OK button to check for a new software upgrade. If a new upgrade is found, it starts to download the upgrade. After the download is completed, a warning will be displayed, press OK button to complete software upgrade process and restart TV."

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

You are welcome

Anthony

Anthony