info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Panasonic TH-37 PX60B, about 10 yrs old. 2 days

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TH-37 PX60B, about 10 yrs old. 2 days ago, the right hand half of the screen went blank, with vertical black and white bars. Can you suggest the problem and whether there is a solution? We rang the shop it was purchased. They said the plasma screen was faulty and unrepairable as it was an abselete model.
Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: there were, I have disconnected it and replaced it with another set we have.
Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: Not for at least a month, which incidentally damaged our cordless phone, perhaps a power surge.
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Welcome

I am assuming its still the same way now...

It could be a scan board/buffer or main-board issue OR it could very well be the plasma panel if it is the panel then it really is a no go,now if its not it may mean you pumping in $300 in repairs for boards and labor and for a set of this age I do not think that is a good idea, I understand you wanting to move on with this set as plasma produces very good pictures however its now OLD technology and plasmas are not manufactured any more, if you disagree let me know I will help you further

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. Rather as I thought. I will send it for recycling!
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

OK sorry for the outcome

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony