Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

Tv switches on then after approx 2 minutes goes off

tv switches on then after approx 2 minutes goes off
Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 9 years old panasonic viera txl32u10b 37"
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: it goes of too quick to check, there is picture & sound but only for a short time
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: only started this pm been ok for last 9 years
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
High Richard I think I inadvertently did what you suggest yesterday as I think that my partner who suffers with vascular dementia had when left on her own tried to change channels using the video recorder remote when it was recording & somehow selected the child lockout facility which I believe is a feature anyway both TV & recorder were operating ok last night for 4 hours, thanks for your response

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
Experience: TV Engineer