Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have an LG recorder working with aSony TV. It has worked

I have an LG recorder working with aSony TV. It has worked well for the las three months. Last night it stopped responding to the remote. I Changed the remote batteries but no change. The red indicator light flashes whenever I press a button on the remote. Any ideas?
Assistant: What is the model of your TV?
Customer: I don't know off Hand but a recent purchase. Is this essential?
Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: None on recorder but all the usual on tv.
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me what stopped responding please?

Then recorder or the TV?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The recorder and the TVS stopped responding to the remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the same time.

Remove the power to the TV and recorder (so unplug it from the power socket)

Wait 5 minutes

connect the TV and the recorder up, power them on and tell me if they then respond please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bingo! Thank you very much.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
Experience: TV Engineer