Dan
Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  15 years as a Broadcast/IT Engineer with the local CBS affiliate.
1567601

One of my TVs is pixilating but only on BBC channels, all

One of my TVs is pixilating but only on BBC channels, all other channels are fine. It wont even pick up BBC radio. I have 3 other TVs around the house and they are all fine. Can you tell me what might be wrong please?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung TV, flat screen, sorry I don't know the model number and it is 6 years old as are the other 3 tv's we have.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything else working fine. It will search and retune fine then the BBC channels pixilate and the BBC radio isn't available.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: Nothing, it just started. It's a TV in one of the bedrooms so I don't use it too much, just when someone stays over. It's been fine up until now and all the other bedroom TV's work fine.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today. Are you connected to your cable TV service, or are you using an antenna?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Antenna
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - No thanks to the phone call.

Okay thank you. Have you tried re-scanning for your channels?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it rescans fine, picks up all channels and then you switch to a BBC channel and it's pixilating still, all other channels are fine. I tried the radio channels too and they are all fine except BBC radio. The other 3 TVs we have, one on the same floor and 2 others on the floor above, are all picking up BBC channels perfectly. It's just this one?

Have there been any changes to your antenna? Also, is the antenna connected directly to the TV you are having problems with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiNo changes to antenna, as its on the roof and the other tvs are working fine which are also connected to it. They are all connected through a splitter/booster into the property.

Okay thank you. If possible, try connecting the antenna directly to the problem TV. I suspect there may be an issue with either the cable from the splitter to the TV or the splitter itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but ill have to try in the morning because Ive been on the internet to microsoft for the past 2 hours as well. Ill go and do ot in the morning and get back to you. Thanks for your help.

Sounds good.

If you found my assistance helpful, please remember to rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. Have a nice day!