Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have a Sony T.V. Model KDL 32WD756 which has recently

I have a Sony T.V. Model KDL 32WD756 which has recently started to play up after about 6hrs.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: SONY KDL 32WD756 about 5years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No. Firstly the picture starts to break up until the screen goes black but the sound is ok. Usually I can turn the tv off and on again and it corrects itself however the tv no longer comes on and all i get is a red flashing led which flashes 5 times continuously.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO. All I get is a continuous red flashing LED in five flashing increments

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried all that before but it still flashes red at the bottom of the set.By holding the power on button down for some time I have managed to get the LED to go white with sound and the screen will momentary turn white as if the picture is about to return - alas it immediately returns to its red flashing mode.

It is the mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.K - Thanks for your help.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
Experience: TV Engineer