info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Have a Digihome 40 Inch TV - 3 years old. Works perfectly

Hello, have a Digihome 40 Inch TV - 3 years old. Works perfectly but then the screen goes very dark after about 20 seconds
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: been like it for about 3 weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes will try to if not too complicated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not sure - i thought it was switching right off, but it is actually just the screen going very dark, almost black.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to say i use it as a Dashboard Monitor Screen through a VGA cable, not as an actual TV. It has worked fine like this for about 3 years up until now

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here, if you press the MENU button of the sets OWN remote control (the one thta came with the set) is the menu ITSELF dark too please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Menu line is dark before it then goes very dark and too dark to read - this happens after about 30 seconds

I am afraid the back-lights are bad these are the LEDs that illuminate the pixels,they are reaching a temperature then one strip is going down the set will then shut down the others to the same level, the thing is its a very labourious job to replace the set strips, so how much did you pay for the set new?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry can't remember, but probably not worth trying to fix if this is the case - thanks,
In most cases for backlight issues you are correct I am afraid, backlight issues are the number one problem we get with TV's right now

If you need more help let me know,I would appreciate it if you could rate me hopefully 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a credit to me thanks again

Anthony

I would appreciate it if you could rate me hopefully 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a credit to me thanks again

Anthony