hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

Is it possible to repair a black screen? Sound is working

Customer Question

Hi, is it possible to repair a black screen? Sound is working fine and can see text beneath black screen but no picture. The 50" television is only around 4 years old and was very expensive so I would prefer to fix it than have to replace it so soon.
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: Just the HDMI cable that links to the YouView box and Apple TV box
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: Not around the time of the screen going black I don't think, but I do live in the countryside so it does happen occasionally!
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so, thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I amCustomer an independent support technician based in South Africa, that uses JustAnswer to connect with customers.
Please ignore any popup advertisement offers of "Secure Remote Assistance" from the website, as they are not sent by me.
Please kindly note that this is NOT a free service.
Please note that I am only allowed to answer ONE question per session.
Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

It sounds like the TV's backlights have stopped working.
Please tell me the make & model number of the TV so that I can guide you further