Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Panasonic TV model TX-L37E5B won't turn on. It was

My Panasonic TV model TX-L37E5B won't turn on. It was working fine this morning. All power outlets are showing lights except the TV itself.
JA: Is your TX-L37E5B connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: How would I check that?
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't find the handbook which came with the TV.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thankyou.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I prefer to type thank you

My apologies for any confusion. I, personally, am not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have however paid the full agreed upon fees (deposit + balance or membership) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

I would like to help you and provide value for that fee. For me to best be able to help you, please focus on our conversation here and allow me few moments to respond.

Multiple replies and unrelated discussion further delay the system with every additional message.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am now totally confused. I paid £5 for a 5-day trial. Am I committed to more?

Yes, you signed up for a monthly service after the trial.

Again, please allow me a moment to respond as I have to start all over each time another message is sent

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not want a monthly service. How do I cancel this and abandon getting an answer for my £5. I would like to add that I am a 75 year old woman and not technically minded.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2012 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This set is significantly past its service life at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new 4k LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $300 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan

I provided you an answer, above, already.

After you've read that and we're done here, I can ask the site to cancel the monthly service, but you'd still have the trial costs.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Why are you quoting repair costs in dollars? I am in UK. Also, please ask the site to cancel the monthly service. I will follow your instructions and consider that worth the £5, but I do not want any further costs. Thank you.

Costs are all relative, point being the tv is not worth fixing at this age as it will be as much or more to repair as to buy new.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by clicking the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our conversation. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan