Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I have a UE40NU7120 hard wired to the internet and in most

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a UE40NU7120 hard wired to the internet and in most respects it works very well. However, when I go to BBC iplayer and it offers me the various channels BBC1, 2 and 4 as you would expect but only Radio 1. Now, I want to get Radio 3 and Radio 4 but these just aren't offered on the screen? if I go too me Mac I can of course get these other channels there but they do not appear on the Samsung TV. How can I get them to appear please?4 and connected
JA: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?
Customer: Well, I go to the Smart Hun button and up come the choices including iPlayer so I scroll across to get that. On opening iPlayer it all looks normal except that if I search the channels for radio it only offers radio 1. If I search for a specific radio programme on radio 3 or 4 it fails to locate it.
JA: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?
Customer: I have a panasonic DVD player/recorder connected to the mains power and also to the TV which works fine.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it, thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today. Unfortunately, smart TV apps are pre-programmed and limited by the manufacturer. If you would like to receive those channels, you will need an external streaming device like a Roku. With that, you will be able to access hundreds of channels that will never be included in your TV's options.