Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I have a Samsung (Model no. UE32J5100AKXXXU) It has worked

Customer Question

I have a Samsung (Model no. UE32J5100AKXXXU) It has worked well until recently when a dividing line appeared on the screen. Above the line = normal, below=slightly blurred. Have spoken to Samsung who could't come up with an answer.
JA: What device has a bad screen?
Customer: Tv
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: Normally a STB and a DVD player are connected. Same problem when only one is connected. There is some indication that the problem may disappear when set warms up but i has now been on for over an hour and no change
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: That is possible We did lose power in the thunderstorm earlier in the week.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is about it.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 4 months ago.

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here, is it like this if you try another input like a DVD player please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It gets better when it warms up. Occurs bpth on STB and onn DVD

Samsung will not discuss anything technical with you I am afraid they will only ask you to trigger service

Its very likely to be a bad t-con board that drives the LCD panel now the thing is this board can be replaced however it depends on the age of the set so how old is this set please?

Is there any other way I can help with this please?I do need to know the approx age of the set?