Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized Samsung Partner, 8 years CE support experience
63083622

My JVC tv is not responding to the remote control despite

Customer Question

My JVC tv is not responding to the remote control despite the remote control not being faulty
Assistant: What is the model of your TV?
Customer: LT-24C660(B)
Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: None. It started when l was scanning through the TV guide then the TV started scanning randomly at speed without the use of the remote
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I rang ‘know how’ help & support team they advised l pointed my camera from smart phone at my he remote sensor & there was a noise from the remote. I am currently using the button for n the back if the TV, occasionally this randomly scrolls the options on the tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Wes replied 4 months ago.

Greetings and welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid-support site. I just logged into the site and noticed your question had been sitting for a while. I know how frustrating that can be and I apologize for the wait you've endured, my name is ***** ***** I'll be advising you. If the remote works (you saw flashing through your smart phone's camera app) and it still doesn't control the TV, that probably means the IR receiver in the TV has failed. This should be the part you need to replace: https://spares2repair.co.uk/jvc-lt-24c660-ir-17ld178-190916r2?zenid=6mrs1qri8om7apcv1k0i1n55r1

Does the information I've provided above, provide an answer your question? If so, please reply with a "thank you" or better yet, a 5-star rating would be greatly appreciated. If you have any follow-up questions or need more information, just reply back and I'll continue to assist you. Otherwise, scroll back to the top/beginning of our conversation and selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen.

By the way, we do more than tech support here at Just Answer. We have experts that can answer questions on subjects ranging from taxes, to legal, to medical, to cars, to appliances, to just about anything.

Expert:  Wes replied 4 months ago.

I haven't received a response from you in some time, did you still need assistance?