Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized Samsung Partner, 8 years CE support experience
63083622

My son has broke the screen on my Sony TV model number kdl

My son has broke the screen on my Sony TV model number kdl 320 ex 520 I was wondering how much it would cost for it to be repaired
Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: No
Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: The screen is smashed
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hey there! Welcome to Just Answer, an independent, paid-support site. Sorry to hear you're having problems, my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything I can to help you find the information you need. I'm really really sorry to hear this happened.

I imagine no one responded sooner because they didn't want to tell you the hard truth I am about to tell you. That is that once an LCD panel is broken, it cannot be fixed. Can it be replaced? Yes, but the replacement cost on an LCD panel is approximately 90-95% of what the TV cost new and most of the time the panels are only available to authorized service centers.

What I generally recommend with broken LCD panels is that you pull as many parts out of it as you can and sell them on eBay, or sometimes you can sell the TV on craigslist or Facebook for $50. People are often looking for the working boards from a TV with a cracked screen. If you opt to do that, make sure you take at least one photo showing that the TV has a cracked screen and that the TV works minus the cracked screen. Most buyers will want to see that.

Does the information I've provided above, provide an answer to your question? If so, please reply with a "thank you" or better yet, a 5-star rating would be greatly appreciated. If you have any follow-up questions or need more information, just reply back and I'll continue to assist you. Otherwise, scroll back to the top/beginning of our conversation and selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen.

By the way, we do more than tech support here at Just Answer. We have experts that can answer questions on subjects ranging from taxes, to legal, to medical, to cars, to appliances, to just about anything.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thankyou