Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a now stick which will not connect with my Sony

I have a now stick which will not connect with my Sony Bravia Tv it did till yesterday will connect with other TVs in the house Now could not help told me to get a new one I did it looked as though it had connected then the same message came up canot connect
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Its a KDL 42 about 7 years old stick worked perfectly till today stick works on older TVs in the house and i can use a fire stick in the same HDMI slot
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: today my daughter used it last night when i triwd to plug in the error message started
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the Firetv system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the Firetv.

Remove the batteries from the Firetv remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, then plug the Firetv power back in (using only the firetv wall adapter, not the tv usb)

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the Firetv remote

power the tv on, and make sure the tv is set to the right input to match where the firetv is connected (hdmi1, hdmi2, etc)

when you see the Firetv logo show on screen, press and hold the PLAY button on the Firetv remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Nathan

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did not do anything I turned my TV on this morning and the Now stick worked very strange

It may have been running a software update which needed to complete as well. Following the reset steps I provided would have forced an update and fixed it in the same manner though.

Glad to hear that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by clicking the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our conversation. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did not update or do anything the stick worked on 2 bedroom TVs but not on the main TV I turned the main TV on this morning to carry out the suggestions the stick worked. It was a replacement stick on the advice of NOW tech when I installed it the wireless boxes etc went green then red. My internet is fine it works well with a fire stick and the bedroom Tvs are further away from the router than the main TV. Strange