info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My Samsung television has sound distortion problems

Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Model Samsung UE40C 8000
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i have a Sky box but I think it extends to free view as well
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: There was some issues with flickering on the screen- that is ok now but after that the soun deteriorated
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I probably need a new SKY box but that could be a completely different and possibly irrelevant issue

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here, if you try ANOTHER input like a DVD player or similar for example is it the SAME using that?

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will try and test that

Yes its just to eliminate any satellite or cable box you may be using, if you are not using one of those let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is a distortion there too when using a DVD
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There’s also distortion on the Tv digital setting too

That means the set has an issue with the sound amplifier mounted on the main-board (most likely)and this board will need to be replaced, is this something you would consider doing yourself?I will provide all relevant info for that, cost of board £40_£100

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I will need to get an engineer to look at it and as is likely to replace the board. Many thanks for your assessment - it’s a good indication as to what I should do. Thanks Anthony

OK if you need any more help please let me know

Anthony