Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized Samsung Partner, 8 years CE support experience
63083622

Well my tv a JVC comes on and then the power light starts

Well my tv a JVC comes on and then the power light starts blinking and it changes channels continuously
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: JVC Model LT55KC87 we bought it less than a year ago
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It runs through the inputs by itself too
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LT55KC87? What happened right before this?
Customer: Just now, we had a thunder storm earlier today
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope

Hey there! Welcome to Just Answer, an independent, paid-support site. Sorry to hear you're having problems, my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything I can to help you with this situation. Try turning it on and taking the batteries out of the remotes. That will help determine if the problem is with the remote or if the button panel on the TV is damaged.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well I unplugged the tv for 10 minutes and plugged it back in and now it is working fine. Not sure for how long!!!!!

Well, that's a good sign. If you need any further assistance, let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Lucky I guess

Well, that's a good sign. If you need any further assistance, let me know. If the problem comes back make sure you:

1. Unplug the TV from the wall outlet and leave it unplugged for 2 to 5 minutes (the longer the better).
  2. With it still unplugged press and hold the power button (on the TV itself) for a full 60 seconds to drain all the power from the TV's mainboard.
  3. Then, release the power button and plug the TV back in and turn it back on.