info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Its TV not computer, panasonic viera about 5 years old, Not

its TV not computer
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: panasonic viera about 5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Not sure if the problem is actually the TV. Picture works for a short period then gets digital interference and then cuts out. Have isolated the screen from my BT box and plugged the ariel in direct and changed rooms to use a different ariel socket and same problem
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thought my tv was on cable and not hooked in to the communal ariel in the building but now not so sure. The BT box is internet linked but as I said, problem remains when I remove the BT box from the system. And there is nothing wrong with my wifi
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thought this was only going to take 8 minutes. I have also tried to send a file but can't get it to attach

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here, when you say the the set "cuts out"what do you mean?does the set go OFF no picture no sound?if so what is the status of the power-light in the front of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
power light flickers. Sometimes it comes back on with "no signal" displayed which then sorts itself out if I press the av button on the panasonic remote. Sometimes it clicks back on momentarily before clicking off again and if it doesn't recover to "no signal" at some point, the power light goes red. It's not consistent though. Like I said, I've tried to add a video file here but it won't accept it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry yes, it goes black, no sound

I will need the model number of the set found on the back of the set please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
TX-L22D28BP

Its a bad main-board you have here it will need to be replaced,thing is these sets are way under £200 it doesnt become a viable option, Tescos are selling these sets for around £175 at 30 inch if you dis-agree and want to replace the main-board please let me know, cost of board will vary but as a ball park figure £80

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok are you sure? If so, I'll buy another tv but obviously don't want to find I have the same issue

Yes unless you have a very bad aerial or down-lead? you will need to try another TV at the same point to eliminate that, but its my belief the tuner is bad that is mounted on the main-board.

Another workaround would be to get a set-top-box these are cheap tuners that sit underneath the set they vary in price from £20 _£250 depending on what spec you want, the only thing is there may be underlying issues with the main-board so it is not conclusive its the tuner

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok thanks

You are welcome

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the answer/info positively (hopefully 5 stars) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony