Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have a Pioneer PDP-LX5090D tv, but the orange timer light

I have a Pioneer PDP-LX5090D tv, but the orange timer light has come on and I cannot find how to turn off.
JA: How old is your PDP-LX5090D?
Customer: Itn was purchase in Jan 20009
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes, nothing works at all except when I use the manually use the controls on the left hand side of the tv
JA: How long has this been an issue with your PDP-LX5090D? What happened right before this?
Customer: It happen last night ,why iI do not know , I expect is was something I did
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i did switch the tv off for 2-3 hours on Wednesday, but the light still remain on

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Done way you asked but to no avail orange timer light still comes on, and still cannot get into the main programs

If you press the menu button on the remote for the TV, does the menu show?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry about the delay each time but I have to go down stairs each time. Nothing happen when I pressed the menu button.

It is no problem.

It is the mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.