info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Panasonic TV, model number TX42AS520B, I have a

Hi, I have a Panasonic TV, model number TX42AS520B, I have a fault code of one single flash of the red light, which apparently indicates a problem with the Inverter circuit on the LCD panel. So I have replaced the inverter board with a new one (part no. TNPA5935). Unfortunately on powering up I get sound for a few seconds but no picture then it turns off and I get the same fault code one single flash) I have tried doing two hard resets but no luck. Any ideas? Many thanks
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TX42AS520B?
Customer: Yes one HDMI
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all thanks

Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here, could you let me know the approx age of the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Anthony, its about 3 years old

Problem is the back-lights ,these are the LED strips just behind the display unfortunately we are in an epidemic of failure of these devices across makes and models, thing is its a very laborious and costly job to replace these, so we only do sets that are under 3 years old and over $1200 because it could cost $300_$400 to replace them, its a complete strip down of the set 4 hours labor.

Sorry its nothing easier here, you have done the correct thing by replacing back-light supply

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok Anthony, thanks for your help with this, it is much appreciated

You are welcome

Anthony