Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I installed a brand new smart Toshiba tv yesterday, and am

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I installed a brand new smart Toshiba tv yesterday, and am wondering if I can reinstall it so that it does not have to be used via our BT Youview box?
JA: Do you know the model of your Toshiba appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Brand new out of the box, model 40LL3A63DB 40"
JA: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba appliance?
Customer: It works fine, but all the Toshiba features (like Alexa) are negated because I ’ve somehow set it up with the BT Youview overriding everything
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, just wondering how I can reinstall it without having to go through the BT youview set top box?
Category: TV
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 11 days ago.

Hello there,

My name is Andrés and I am an Electronic Engineer with more than 10 years of experience in end-user support. I will try to help you with your problem today, one moment while I read the information given. If more information is needed, I will let you know.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok

If you want to override the use of the BT top box, you need to connect the aerial connector directly to your Toshiba TV.

Once done you will be able to use the TV built-in tuner to watch all the channels. This is the only option that you have to use both the TV and the built-in apps of the Toshiba TV.

Let me know if other follow up question arises so I can answer it! :)

Customer: replied 11 days ago.