Dan
Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  15 years as a Broadcast/IT Engineer with the local CBS affiliate.
1567601

I have a pioneer vsx lx55 that runs through my samsung TV

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a pioneer vsx lx55 that runs through my samsung TV and BT TV box. I have just started to use the Samsung universal remote control and everything has set up nicely and is working. The only problem is when i switch the TV off - the pioneer does not switch off so you are left with the sounds of whats on tv. What can i do to fix this please?
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your Samsung TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: Yes. the sound is working through the TV perfectly fine I have the sound output set to Audio OUT/Optical
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: HDMI
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment
Category: TV
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Dan, and I look forward to assisting you today. Try this please.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Press the Home button on your TV remote to access the Home Screen. Using the directional pad on the remote, navigate to Source. When the selector is placed over Source, the Source menu will appear. Press UP on the directional pad to access Universal Remote. Select Universal Remote on the Source screen. Select Start and make sure your Pioneer system is turned on. When your desired device displays, select it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup and register the device. The instructions may vary, depending on the device type selected. Your TV and the remote will memorize the external device and its connection port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.).