Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Its a samsung LE 37R7 handed down from a neighbour.No matter

Customer Question

Hi its a samsung LE 37R7 handed down from a neighbour.No matter what I try, it keeps coming back to 'no signal 'message. Can't get the left hand icons on menu to allow access to the second from bottom (dish) My connection is to an external aerial which is normally fine with my old TV. Thanks
JA: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?
Customer: Hi very fast response - No , all I want to begin is terrestrial channels , but I have tried on my free view box just to see if that would help.
JA: How is your Internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: Its not connected to my internet just to aerial on the roof - or am I missing something?
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats about all i think.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry don't have mobile or apps.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is Shahid. I am one of the techs who is going to help you today. One moment while I look over your question

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

- Just to clarify, are you trying to get local channels through aerial?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Shahid - No just main terrestrial channels for now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Okay, have you run a channel scan/ search on the TV menu so it can scan available channels?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi, yes I've done that BUT eventually I hit a brick wall when the 'no signal'meassage comes up
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

That is odd, is the aerial connected securely and tight into the ANT IN port of the TV?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi again

Are you getting this response?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi lost our connection for a moment - aerial seems ok, it certainly works with my old set
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Okay, let's reset the TV to default settings to start the setup again

Please set the input source to TV using the Source button on the TV remote

Now push the menu button and go to Setup option and find Plug & Play option, select it and press OK to run it

The TV will reset to default settings, go through the setup and run a fresh channel search and reply back with the result

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
'll try it - back in a couple of mins
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Okay, please take your time

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi didn't work just showed no signal when i tried to get to setup
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Okay, did you reach to Plug & Play option and run it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No - wouldn'd let me do that - just got choice of Ext1 or Ext2 then no signal.
I've been able to go through all the colour and brightness options bu when I try for actual tv all i get is no signal
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Please push the Source button and select TV input source

Then push the menu button and select Plug & Play option under the Setup menu

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK off I go no success. that is it for me, I give up. thanks for your help - I'll give the tv back. best wishes stuart.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, it seems the tuner of the TV has got an internal failure that is why not processing channel signals

Wish you the best~