Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Samsung video cassette recorder, number (sv-640b)

Customer Question

I have a Samsung video cassette recorder, number (sv-640b) what and how do you obtain a cable for the outlet plug holes with just left/right sockets. to fit into an old lg smart tv with 3 holes for plug sockets to fit into. iv looked into every same type of cable but they all have 3 pins at each end .
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately you have very limited connection options on that old samsung,

for audio/video output, it works only with scart or coax.

You can use the left/right (red/white) rca cables, but that is audio only and would really be of no benefit in connecting to a tv as it would be sound only with no video.

You'll need to use either the coax or scart connection to the tv.

Nathan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks. now iv obtained a scart connection if its the same as what you call a scart?its the coax that I have no information about can you help with that.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Coax is the round screw on connection,

either one would work, but scart (use scart1) is going to be generally easier to use if the tv supports it as it doesn't require any special configuration, just plug and play.

Nathan