Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

My Samsung 32 in TV has developed a horizontal split across

Customer Question

My Samsung 32 in TV has developed a horizontal split across the screen. The top halve is normal but the bottom halve is white
JA: How old is your 32?
Customer: Its about 8yrs old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue with your 32? What happened right before this?
Customer: This happened two days ago as I was watching a film.For most of the film It was normal but then the bottom half went white with vertical lines of colour sometimes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No change. TV still the same
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

If you connect a different device to the TV such as a DVD player, do you get the same issue?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the screen panel that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.