info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Tv picture slightly oversize to screen..can’t read top and

Customer Question

Tv picture slightly oversize to screen..can’t read top and bottom textx
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung. UE40EH. 50000
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: 3 weeks. O special event
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sky also connected and same size persists
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 16 days ago.

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble to begin with please try ANOTHER input like a DVD player or similar and let me know if the size is correct using that, if it is then the problem is definetly the SKY box, usually I find the aspect ratio format setting in the settings/tools menu of the BOX ITSELF is incorrect,if it is found to be correct and the box does not respond to a reboot (unplug from the mains wait 5 mins then replug back in again)then they will need to replace the box as the software controlling the box is bad

Anthony