Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized Samsung Partner, 8 years CE support experience
63083622

There was a noise like a fuse blowing and my (Samsung) tv

There was a noise like a fuse blowing and my (Samsung) tv picture went blank. The tv does not work now
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?
Customer: There is an HDMI cable
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hey there! Welcome to Just Answer, an independent, paid-support site. Sorry to hear you're having problems, my name is Wes and I'm going to do everything I can to help you find the information you need.

What is the model number of the TV? The model number is usually on a sticker or plate on the rear of the TV. If there is a product code, version number, or serial number, please let me know what the first 5 to 8 characters are in addition to the model number of the TV. Fuses don't make noise when they blow... the sound you heard was likely a capacitor bursting. That likely means it's time for a new TV unless you want to open the TV up and look for the board with the blown capacitor and replace the board (or the capacitor).

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Model PS43D450A2W

What you will need to do is take the back of the TV and check the boards over for a burst capacitor. Capacitors are the cylindrical components on the boards. Once you find that, make note of the board's part number and purchase a replacement here: https://www.tvparts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=PS43D450A2W [Click the blue text to visit/view the link]

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
All the capacitors look ok. None of them are bulging/clearly different to the others

One of them must have blown.

If you can't find the board, you may have to replace the boards one at a time. I would start with the power board which is this one: https://www.tvparts.co.uk/bn44-00442b-pb4-dy-samsung-ps43d450a2w-power-supply

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks for that

You're welcome.

I hope the information I've provided has been helpful. If you need more assistance, please let me know so l can continue to assist you. Also, make sure to add me as a favorite expert. By the way, we do more than tech support here at Just Answer. We have experts that can answer questions on subjects ranging from health and medical, to taxes, to legal, to cars, to appliances, to just about anything.