Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I have been given a Samsung model PS-42S5H without a hand

Customer Question

I have been given a Samsung model PS-42S5H without a hand control. I have purchased a One 4all for a Samsung. I have tried auto scan and it does scan but then I can’t get a picture. What am I doing wrong.
JA: How long have you had your 4ALL?
Customer: Yesterday
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: I have got it to scan and it finishes scanning and then I don’t know what the next step is. I have before used my Humax Box through the tv and used that Gand control. But I cannot seem to use the dv on its own.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: The brand is Samsung model PS-42S5H. It’s about five years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes the menu works. Shall I go and out the tv on.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: I used the tv through my Humaxrecorder as I didn’t have a control for the tv. It was yesterday I got one from Amazon for a Samsung
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please just help me getting the tv to work with the control.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Dan, and I look forward to assisting you today. Do you have an antenna connected to your TV?

Expert:  Dan replied 6 days ago.

Please let me know if you still require assistance by responding here and I will reply back as soon as possible.