Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized Samsung Partner, 8 years CE support experience
63083622

I have an LG screen 79inch that I want to have repaired

Customer Question

Hi I have an LG screen 79inch that I want to have repaired
Assistant: How long have you had your 79INCH?
Customer: Four years
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your LG product?
Customer: I have contacted numerous technicians and they are not qualified they told me to contact LG
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thankyou
Category: TV
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Wes replied 11 days ago.

Hey there! Welcome to Just Answer, an independent, paid-support site. Sorry to hear you're having problems, my name is Wes and I'm going to do everything I can to help you find the information you need. When you say "repaired", do you mean there's physical damage to display? Or does the display simply not work?

Expert:  Wes replied 11 days ago.

Without adequate information about your situation, I can only provide you with a generalized answer, hopefully, it will still be helpful to you. If you can provide me with additional information about your situation, I may be able to provide you with even more pertinent information. If the display isn't working and is not physically damaged (cracked screen, etc), you can call one of these numbers provided it's a consumer display:

Expert:  Wes replied 11 days ago.

UK 0344 847 5454

IE 01 686 9454

If this is a commercial display, please contact [email protected]

Hours : Monday to Saturday excluding public holidays, 9:00am to 6:00pm GMT.

Expert:  Wes replied 11 days ago.

If the display is physically damaged, cracked, etc... I'm really sorry to hear this happened and it pains me to tell you that once an LCD panel is broken, it cannot be fixed. Can it be replaced? Yes, but the replacement cost on an LCD panel is approximately 90-95% of what the TV cost new and most of the time the panels are only available to authorized service centers. If you can find a "donor" TV, one with bad electronics, you could swap your working boards and parts into that TV. I don't advise removing a working panel from a TV chassis unless absolutely necessary because they are extremely easy to damage.

Expert:  Wes replied 11 days ago.

What I generally recommend with broken LCD panels is that you pull as many parts out of it as you can and sell them on eBay, or sometimes you can sell the TV on second-hand sites like eBay. People are often looking for the working boards from a TV with a cracked screen. If you opt to do that, make sure you take at least one photo showing that the TV has a cracked screen and that the TV works minus the cracked screen. Most buyers will want to see that. Once you have removed the working parts you can either work with your local municipality or trash collection and recycling company to dispose of the TV. Some major electronics retailers, will accept and dispose of unwanted TVs for a fee.

Expert:  Wes replied 11 days ago.

I hope the information I've provided has been helpful. If you need more assistance, please let me know so l can continue to assist you. Also, make sure to add me as a favorite expert. By the way, we do more than tech support here at Just Answer. We have experts that can answer questions on subjects ranging from health and medical, to taxes, to legal, to cars, to appliances, to just about anything.