Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

How do I connect my Samsung tv to my internet the screen

how do I connect my Samsung tv to my internet the screen keeps saying connect wireless lan adaptor and I have
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: the model is 7 years old and is model ue40es55ook
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the tv works fine I don't have any other sources/inputs I just like to do catch-up
JA: How long has this been an issue with your UE40ES55OOK? What happened right before this?
Customer: I have a new bt internet box before and the aerial has been mensed in the last few weeks
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't think so

Hi there, I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

After you connect the wireless LAN adapter,

1. Press the MENU button, and then select Setup.
  2. Select Network.
  3. If Network Type is set to Wired, select Network Type, and then select Wireless.

4. Select Network Setup.
  5. Select Select a network.

6. Wait a few seconds for the TV to scan for wireless networks in the area. Select the name of your network in the list.
  7. Use the remote control to insert your wireless password.
  8. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the network setup.

.

Let me know if that works, or if you need any further assistance.

Pete.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hi Pete I started as you said only after setup screen wanted a pin of 4 I don't have one.

Try the default PIN 0000 and let me know if that works.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
the 0000 worked however still the screen keeps saying adaptor not connected when it is. could it be broken?

If it still cannot detect the adapter after you have tried to set up the network, the adapter may be broken.

You will need to test the adapter on a different TV, or try a different adapter on your own TV.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I only have 1 tv and 1 adaptor so I will try and order a new adaptor on line. can you recommend one for my samsung model. I tried to get one at Argos and they said theirs were only good for laptops and mobile phones not for tvs. thank you for your help.

The following wireless adapter will work with your Samsung TV:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASHATA-Wireless-Network-WIS09ABGN-Adapter-default/dp/B07VPVTC29/

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thank you for that information. I have ordered the adaptor you have recommended. hope that solves the problem. I will let you know.