info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I recently purchased a hitachi 43" Colour TV: 43HE4000U Ive

Customer Question

I recently purchased a hitachi 43" Colour TV : 43HE4000U Ive had this tv 2 months and recently it tends to switch on and off for no apparent reason. It can be quite annoying. It is plugged in to a wall socket as I thought that an extension lead may have been the problem. Can you help please.
JA: What Hitachi model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: 43HE4000U Bought in September 2019 from Argos
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Tv menu works ok. It only happens when a program is on. I switched the tv on this morning and it happened within 5 minutes. Sometimes it goes for a number of hours with no problem. Ive checked all the settings and there is no time limits set
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Hitachi? What happened right before this?
Customer: This has been a problem for about a month. Everything was ok before.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you. I would like this problem sorted please
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 9 days ago.
Welcome

I am sorry you are having trouble here,does the power light on the front of the set change colour or blink when the set goes off please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it goes off and then the tv comes back on with a few seconds
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i am a pensioner on a low income. i would prefer to continue our chat online please
Expert:  info tech replied 9 days ago.
Yes you can offers for phone calls are optional please scroll up and read my reply
Expert:  info tech replied 9 days ago.
I want to know what happens with power light
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can't find your reply. Can you send it again please
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The power light remains red as if on standby
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
this is something I haven't checked before. I would assume it goes into standby or maybe it goes off. It doesn't blink.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is an intermittent problem. It can go hours with no problem. Thinking about it I don't think it goes into standby. I think it just switches off and then straight back on. The tv has been in the same place and plugged in to the same socket since it arrived. I just checked the timer settings and no time has been set. Could it be a power surge?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have just pressed the reset to factory settings to see if that helps. You are obviously busy so I will contact you another time if I need to
Expert:  info tech replied 9 days ago.

Yes that was a good thing to do (factory reset)also if possible try another power-socket juts in case you have trouble with that or by-pass any extension or surge protector lead you may be using, if all those measures fail you do have a software issue with the set and you should then trigger your warranty with the set

Issues like this are usually bad software is the set connected to the internet?

Expert:  info tech replied 9 days ago.

The set HAS to be connected to the internet so it can upgrade itself and upgrade its software if it cant do that you will end up with issues like this