*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

The sky tv has gone blank on the screen we had auto standby

Customer Question

the sky tv has gone blank on the screen we had auto standby 2 minutes and after that time the screen went blank
Category: TV
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 10 days ago.
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
here are some simple steps you can take to get your box back up and running.

Press the standby button on your box. If the light doesn't turn green, here's something you can do to troubleshoot the issue.

Restart your box: Press the standby button on your remote, then turn your box off at the mains. Wait a few moments, then turn your box back on.
Wait four minutes, then press the sky button on your remote.
Update the software on your box
If resetting your box didn't work, try updating the software on your box:

Press the standby button on your remote, then turn your box off at the mains.
Press and hold the backup button on your box.
While still holding the backup button, switch your box back on at the mains.
Keep pressing and holding the backup button for up to 30 seconds, until you see all four lights on the front panel turn on, then release.
If the lights don't appear, you may need to schedule an engineer visit to have your box repaired.

If the lights do appear, go to the next steps.

Your box should now be in download mode, which can take between 5 to 10 minutes to complete. Don't turn off your box or try to watch TV while the box is in download mode. You may see an on-screen message saying "Updating System Software" when you switch on your TV.

Once the download is done, the box will switch to standby. Wait 3 minutes. then press sky on your remote to turn your box back on.

Sky box not working after the download? As a last resort, try a System Reset.

Carry out a System Reset
A System Reset is a last resort; it permanently deletes all recordings, downloads, reminders and series links.

Turn your box off at the mains, then press and hold the left and right arrow buttons on your box.
While still holding the buttons, switch your box on at the mains. Continue to press and hold for up to 60 seconds until the recording and playback circle on the front panel of your box lights up.
The box will take a few minutes to complete the System Reset and will then switch to standby.
Wait four minutes, then reconnect your TV and any other devices and switch them back on. Press the sky button on your remote to switch your box back on.
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 6 days ago.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you very much!