*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Getting error message JW2999 every time I try to watch

Customer Question

Getting error message JW2999 every time I try to watch programmes
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: Getting error message JW-2999 when I try to watch a programme. Wifi signal all strong and all other on demand services are workign fine
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when trying to watch channel 5 on catch up
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 months ago.

Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 7 months ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

The best option will be to try power cycling the tv and your internet modem.

When you power cycle a device, you are simply switching it on and off, while waiting a few minutes in-between. Sometimes, this is all it takes to get a device back to proper working order.

If you power cycle your tv, and wireless router, you are eliminating these potential problems. Just by power cycling the router, you are allowing it to establish its connection to the TV without encountering the problem that prevented such a connection being made the first time.

Follow these steps please.

Disconnect the power cord from the TV. Then disconnect the power cord from the internet router /modem.

Then reconnect power to both, power on the tv and wait 5 minutes for them to completely power on and reboot. Then check.

Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 6 months ago.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you very much!