Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My samsung tv no longer is showing the wired option for

Customer Question

My samsung tv no longer is showing the wired option for network settings, which i need to use
JA: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?
Customer: BBC IPlayer, Netflix etc etc
JA: How is your Internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: yes. many times! I have been using a tp-link powerline network to connect to the tv as I have thick walls. It connects to the network but not the internet. There used to be a wired internet setting option, but now it just shows wireless
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 5 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 days ago.

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Is there currently an ethernet cable plugged into the tv?

What is the model number of the tv?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 day ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

I haven't heard back with the info needed to get into specifics,

but if you still need help I can give you some general info to get you started.

Please to into the samsung setup menu, and look there for the Diagnostics/Support option, and then for Reset (factory reset), using pin 0000.

After resetting it will try to connect again.

Let me know how it works from there.

Nathan