Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I have a dark vertical patch running from the top to the

Customer Question

I have a dark vertical patch running from the top to the bottom about a third of the way in from the left
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Samsung 6 series 5600 class 49 curved screen
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: Switch the tv off waited 30 seconds and switch back on again. Checked the HDMI plugs are in correctly
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Bought in March 2017. Samsung 6 series 5600 class 49 curved screen
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes the TV menu works. I have the same problems on all channels and sources and inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: We have had this problem for 4 weeks. Before this we had no problems
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think you have asked all the appropriate
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 11 days ago.

HI, My name is Steven, sorry to hear your having an issue with your Samsung TV, I believe you may have faulty LCD panel according to what you describe as the issue however I would like to see a picture of it if you could upload a picture of the issue using the paper clip option just to be sure.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
/Users/nigelgoodway/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/derivatives/3/36059F38-D7C9-41F6-9360-949FEB154AA8_1_105_c.jpeg

The above is a picture of our TV as requested. I do not understand how to use the paper clip option. I trust this is OK.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Below is the picture you requested. This may be better than my earlier effort
Expert:  Steven replied 8 days ago.

Thank you, so that is a faulty back light system behind the LCD screen, it can be repaired but it is not an easy fix, the LCD screen must be completely disassembled and the back lights have to be replaced, the entire set as you can not replace just one strip as the color would be off. the cost of these repairs run around 250 to 300 dollars for that size TV, not sure if it would be worth the cost for that TV?