hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I have a JVC tv that needs an RF coaxial cable .....I have

Customer Question

I have a JVC tv that needs an RF coaxial cable .....I have SKY and the antenna from their installation....what kind of connector do i need?
JA: What JVC model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: LT40C890
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I just got the tv and was trying to set it up.....but I don't the RF coax...it's telling me to go to the installation menu and add channels
JA: How long has this been an issue with your JVC? What happened right before this?
Customer: as I said I just got it at noon today and was in the "set-up"mode...I had just turned on the tv and was going thru the set-up
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do i get to the installation menu on the remote
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I amCustomer an independent support technician based in South Africa, that uses JustAnswer to connect with customers.
Please ignore any popup advertisement offers of "Secure Remote Assistance" or a "telephone call", as they are not sent by me.
Please note that I am only allowed to answer ONE question per session.
Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

The Sky antenna is a satellite dish. You need a Sky box to receive the Sky channels. This Sky coax cable has a screw on connection at the end.
If the coax cable has a normal aerial push on plug then this is for a roof aerial. Once you connect the roof aerial then you will set the TV to do a channel scan. Once this is finished then you will see the channels that your TV has managed to tune in.
You will not be able to tune in aerial channels using the coax cable from the Sky dish.

A bonus is much appreciated thank you!
Please contact JustAnswer customer service directly for any billing issues.