Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have had two chats already and between them they have

Customer Question

I have had two chats already and between them they have wasted an hour of my time. After some time both assistants left me waiting indefinitely. My samsung tv(le40a656a1f) has lost the sound. The picture is fine but there is no sound. Could the in-built speaker be faulty.
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your Samsung TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: I have checked the cables and the are all in the right place.
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: HDMI
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

Hi there, I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 days ago.

If the picture is good but there is no sound, even when you adjust the sound level and can see it increase on the display screen, then the built-in speaker is likely faulty.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to help.