Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TV standby flashing on and off. ..screen going black and

Customer Question

TV standby flashing on and off. ..screen going black and blueish
Category: TV
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
TV is 3 weeks old. ..it's done this once before. ..but came on after a few days
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Been waiting over 30 minutes for reply
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 days ago.

I'm sorry you're having problems and I am just coming online now. Offhand, the symptoms you have point to an internal failure with the TV's Mainboard, and I would strongly suggest returning it to the retailer for an exchange- as it is a defect that will keep occurring until the TV stops working altogether (it is not a normal occurrence).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and see if this fixes the issue.

If it does not, then you will want to return/exchange the TV as this is a problem that will not cure itself.